i wonder how many people i’m in the “i’d be down if you asked” zone with
marama davidson just called daniel carter dorkalitis on twitter and that is one of the reasons i am v fond of her
“Sometimes I remind myself that I almost skipped the party, that I almost went to a different college, that the whim of a minute could have changed everything and everyone. Our lives, so settled, so specific, are built on happenstance.”
— Every Last One (Anna Quindlen)
im afraid your son is completely obsessed with birds…we cannot bring him back…im sorry…he is a lost caws
petition to rename the earth ‘punishment orb’
I’m in need of funds to assist my transition: namely, to cover the costs of changing legal name and gender.
I’m a 19 year old trans woman looking to further her transition, and I need help. I’m getting by on a student allowance and don’t have much room to move financially, and sadly I have upcoming costs.
Changing your legal name in NZ costs $127.70, with an additional cost of around $27 for a renewed birth/name certificate. And then there’s $140 for a new passport, which I will also need to acquire.
Luckily, all of these things will count as “evidence” in the court process I’ll need to go through to change my legal gender, which is why I’m doing this first.
Any and all donations are greatly appreciated. Much love.
we did it! i hit $300 in about three days, which is absolutely amazing! thank you all so, so much. so much love <3
There is an upsetting lack of information like that out there, but I have seen it come up sometimes. I always reblog it on my main blog, but I apparently have failed at tagging it so I can find it again. Sorry! All I could find so far are is a resource list for trans women (not specifically for nonbinary folks): http://prototran.tumblr.com/post/83040727257/trans-woman-resources
Maybe some followers have other info or tips?
when i’m going for the androgyny thing, in general i ask myself both “is it conceivable that this could be on a cis dude” and "is it conceivable that this could be on a cis lady." the second question is important and should always be true. the first question can be false sometimes, depending on the level of confidence you’re feeling. remember that as someone amab you’ll have to feminize in order to reach androgyny (you can’t wear plain ass neutral shit and have it be read as androgynous the way afabs can) but if you don’t quite want to cross that threshold into femininity you’ll have to mute it on some level.
- get your jeans from the women’s section, no exceptions. they will make you look so much better but as long as they’re not frilly or something they’ll keep you out of the masculine zone without necessarily crossing into femininity, depending on the rest of your outfit
- try muted makeup. foundation if you need it, with unexaggerated blush. try out mascara only for the eyes. lipstick (or colored chapstick) that’s close to your natural color
- cardigans maybe. i don’t do this as much anymore, but it was good and accessible as a starting point into androgyny
- accessorize. bracelets, painted nails, earrings. i feel noticeably different about my presentation when my nails are painted. black is a good starting point as it’s more muted
- find women’s cut shirts, but with tame colors/patterns. this is kind of pushing it but with the right coordination you can do this without crossing the threshold. you can also try the reverse and find men’s cut clothing with floral prints or something. imo this will more often get you read as “effeminate dude,” but it’s better than man shirts. try on a floral print button up and see how you feel about that
- get hoodies from the women’s section. do the same for anything else that’s pretty much the same between the men’s and women’s sections. the difference in look will even be indistinguishable sometimes but it will always make you feel better knowing where you got it from
- cut the sleeves and neck lines off your t shirts. if you do this with black shirts you can take it further and into the rocker look. this rocker look can be a neat tool to feminize a little further than you may have been able to otherwise; transfeminine presentation in the rocker scene gets more commonly read as androgyny
i was in the same place for a while wrt presentation and turned out to be a lady. for me the androgyny thing was and continues to be a tool i leverage to look more how i want without getting wrecked for it by cis people. good luck
whenever i use scissors i always have this brief thought of “ohoho man imagine if i accidentally snipped off my nipple”
It would hurt a lot but it would grow back, nipples are one of the few parts of the body that entirely regenerateU N L I M I T E D N I P P L E SNO DO NOT TRY THIS AT ANY COSTDO NOT CUT OFF YOUR NIPPLES THEY ARE IN FACT LIMITEDL I M I T E D N I P P L E S